Every Day Carry is what we are all about. If you can't use it, it's not an EDC Knife!
Please use common sense!
It is the responsibility of the buyer, to ascertain, and obey, all applicable local, state, federal and international laws in regard to the possession, and or use, of any item purchased from EDC Knives. By placing an order, the buyer represents that he or she is of legal age and that the products ordered will be used in a lawful manner. EDC Knives assumes no responsibility for any harm or injury resulting from the sale, trade, use or handling of any product purchased from us or our distributors & dealers.
By placing an order with us you are representing that you are:
> legally permitted to own the products;
> intending to act responsibly with our products;
> complying with ALL applicable local, state, federal, and
Most of our knives are extremely sharp and capable of causing serious injury or death if not handled properly.
In making your purchase you assume all responsibility for any injury or harm associated with any item purchased from EDC Knives once it leave our warehouse.
CHARGES - We currently accept most major US credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard and Discover, via our online shopping cart.
We do NOT accept American Express cards.
We do NOT accept PayPal.
PREPAID ORDERS - We accept USPS Postal Money Orders ONLY.
Please make payable to:
5111 Telegraph Ave., #150
Oakland, CA 94609
Postal MO's, order will ship the same day we receive the MO.
NO CHECKS unless we know you personally.
NOTE: Orders that are entered with Money Order as payment option, will remain Pending for 7 business days. If the Money Order is not here by the 7th day the order will be canceled and the item re-listed. We suggest using USPS Priority Mail with Tracking. If you can not meet this deadline for some reason, please let us know right away, not on the 8th day.
PURCHASING POLICY - By purchasing from EDCKnives.com, the buyer assumes the full and complete responsibility of having ascertained, and complied with all applicable local, state, federal and international laws with regard to the possession and use of any item purchased from EDCKnives.com. Review your local municipal and state laws before ordering if you are in doubt. ABSOLUTELY NO SALES TO MINORS. The buyer represents that products ordered would be used in a lawful manner and that he/she is of legal age. EDCKnives.com will not be held liable for the misuse of any product.
TELEPHONE ORDERS - We prefer that orders are placed via our Secure website. This allows us to better maintain inventory, generate shipping labels and packing slips, and generally makes the process run much smoother. We have put much effort into the shopping cart to make it secure and easy to use. If you have a problem, we now have Live Chat available and we will be glad to help you through it.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING - We will ship ONLY to the Billing Address used at the time of purchase unless other arrangements are made in advance. A signature will generally be required. This is to protect the cardholder as much as ourselves.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - International buyers, you all know the best/safest way to ship into your own country. We will ship any way you like, but the responsibility is on you.
- Preferred shipping method is USPS Express Mail International, this generally costs $40 ($60 for Russia and associated countries...it's a LOT more work for us.) This service has tracking and insurance, but only insured for the amount that it is declared for...So, $250 declared value, $250 insurance, $250 back to you if it goes astray (shipping charge is not refundable.) If you want $45 declared value, that's all you get back should it go astray.
- Least expensive shipping, USPS Priority Mail, SMALL Flat Rate Box is $20. (If it does not fit into a Small Flat Rate Box, we may as well send it Express.) There is no tracking, low declared value is no problem, but we cannot be responsible for the package once it leaves our shop.
- Safest shipping method is FedEx. Prices vary by country/destination. Generally, Priority International Shipping runs $75 and up, but it's guaranteed delivery in a couple days.
- NO REFUNDS AT ALL IF CUSTOMS IMPOUNDS YOUR PACKAGE. We have no control at all with other countries Customs Agencies. It is YOUR responsibility to know your import laws, and we follow your instructions to the letter.
Any questions about this, please ask before you buy.
MULTIPLE KNIFE ORDERS - Orders for more than 2 knives will require approval. This is to ensure that no one customer can buy a block of available knives as soon as they are posted. We appreciate the business, but we have to share the wealth.
BACK ORDERS- We will strive to give good service, however there will be times when back orders are unavoidable. If this problem occurs, your order will be shipped except for the back ordered items. These items will be forwarded as soon as possible. Refunds available upon request. There are no charges for shipping back orders.
AUTOS/BALISONGS/BUTTERFLY KNIVES - Automatic Knives and Balisongs/Butterfly Knives will NOT be shipped to California addresses. These orders will be canceled unless placed by LEO or active duty Military (ID required.) Balisongs/Butterfly Knives will also NOT be shipped to Canada, Germany, Australia or to the UK due to Customs restrictions.
RETURNS - All returns or exchanges must be approved with order number and returned to us within 15 days of purchase with the original or a copy of your packing slip, and the item in exactly the same condition as it left here. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. We do not accept any C.O.D. return packages. If there is a problem due to our error, packages must be returned by regular shipper or USPS Priority mail, delivery confirmation, insured, to receive full credit on shipping.
ERRORS - We try to keep errors to a minimum and maintain reasonable prices, but sometimes typos happen, and occasionally our suppliers raise their prices unexpectedly and we may not be in step with those changes. We reserve the right to sell our products at the appropriate prices, and will not honor the sale of any product at an erroneous price. We apologize in advance if this happens.
LAYAWAYS - We are happy to do layaways as required. This will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We prefer 30 day layaways, 1/3 down, 1/3 in 2 weeks and the final 1/3 plus shipping in 4 weeks. Any moneys paid by the client to EDC Knives towards any layaway will remain Store Credits until the item is paid in full and shipped. Should the terms of the layaway not be fulfilled for any reason, EDC Knives reserves the right to resell the item at current market price. Should the current market price be considerably less than at initiation of layaway, EDC Knives reserves the right to apply Store Credits to this difference. Any remaining Store Credits are available to the Client to be used at any time to purchase any item(s) in current stock. No Refunds on Layways.
DECLINED CHARGES AND HOLDS.
We have been asked numerous times about purchases that were declined by our Shopping Cart, yet the [Charge] appears in the system of the Buyers ccard. Here is how that all works:
- The Shopping Cart (EDCK) contacts the Buyers Bank and asks if there are enough funds available in the account to cover the requested charge.
- If NO, the order is declined, connection is terminated.
- If YES, the Buyers Bank places a [Hold] on the account for $xxx.xx.
The Shopping Cart (EDCK) then attempts to verify the Billing Address, Zip Code, etc.
- If data IS validated, everyone is happy, sale proceeds.
- If data IS NOT validated, the order is declined, the Shopping Cart (EDCK) abandons the transaction and stores a code indicating the reason for the decline. The Buyers Bank generally maintains this [Hold] for several days until The Buyers Bank removes it, generally in 3-5 days. This is determined solely by the Buyers Bank and we have no control over this.
Multiple failed attempts create multiple holds for the amount of the attempted purchase.
RECYCLING - Whenever possible, we try to reduce our impact on the planet by recycling packaging materials. This means your order may arrive in a used and/or cut-down box filled with just about any packing materials we have on hand. Just trying to do our part. Thanks for your understanding, and for doing YOUR part.
PRICES are subject to change without notice.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to cancel any order at any time for any reason.